Learn the basic principles of a PV system maintenance plan, how to conduct a quick visual inspection, and how to increase efficiency.
About this Event
So, you are the proud owner of a photovoltaic investment. What do you do now – just leave it, or do you want to protect it? In this one hour webinar, you’ll learn the basic principles of a proper PV system maintenance plan:
- Understand why monitoring is so critical
- Know what maintenance is expected of owners from PV manufacturers
- What to include in a PV maintenance plan
- The varying levels of a PV maintenance schedule from just monitoring all the way up to testing and thermal imaging of the system
- The basics of a quick visual inspection of what you want to look for – remember there is more to your PV system than just your panels!
The webinar will also cover fundamentals of what to do for cleaning a PV system –
- Why you should clean your system and how often;
- Understand how much efficiency you are possibly losing by not setting up a maintenance plan.
And finally, the basics of battery storage – its role in the system, simple tips for inspection and maintenance, and when to use thermal scans to prevent problems.
Free to the public. Sponsored by Hawai’i Energy.
Fred Brooks, CEM, CEA
Owner, Pacific Panel Cleaners
Fred served in the United States Navy as a member of the Engineering Department, stationed out of Pearl Harbor. He obtained a Bachelor of Science Degree in Environmental Science from Hawaii Pacific University. Along with starting Pacific Panel Cleaners LLC, Fred has worked with several different photovoltaic companies on their O&M of installed PV systems. Fred has also been a Construction Manager on a variety of projects including Oceanic Time Warner Cable, UH Manoa East West Center, Punahou School, Pearl Harbor Fitness Center and HECO CIP and Waiau Power Plants.